Gabala nut processing enterprise had begun its activity since September 2005. Fully equipped with the modern technology and corresponding to world and European standards enterprise is located in Gabala, one of the main nut regions of Azerbaijan. Currently Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system is applied in the enterprise. Hazelnuts are garnered from population mainly. The enterprise consists of the following sectors:
1.Receiving station and mechanical cleaning sector of 130 square meters
2.Drying area. Here 250 tons of nuts in shell are dried per 15 hours.
3. Area for sifter of nut in shell. (16 linear sift systems)
4. Cracking sector with two apparatuses splitting and four apparatuses cleaning of nut kernel from shell.
5. Area for sifter of nut kernel (8 linear sift systems).
6. Selection sector with four belts.
7. Packing sector.
8. Final goods storehouse in 750 square meters apparatus.
250 employees work in the enterprise when enterprise works at full capacity. Indexes of processing products in the enterprise are as follow:
1. Outward - concealed damaged and undamaged nut kernel.
2. Taste and aroma - relevant with specific nut kernel.
3. The average mass of kernel - no less than 0.8 grams.
4. Humidity - either less than 4% or more than 6%.
5. Kernel size - 9-11: 11-13: 13-15 mm diameters, rounded shape.
6. Quantity of wizened, immature kernels - to 1%.
7. Quantity of broken and mechanically damaged kernels - to 2%.
8. Quantity of bitter taste, mildewed, inside yellowed – to 1%.
9. Quantity of nutshell and other matters – to 0,2%.
10. Presence of live insects - impermissible.
Finished products are packed in 1 tone packets, 30 kilograms polypropylene knitted specially for nut kernel, 80 kilograms fabric bags and 25 polyethylene vacuum packages (vacuum packages placed in cardboard boxes). Processed products are imported to Germany, Italy, Spain and other European countries as well as Russia and Ukraine.